All kinds of establishments and businesses will always make sure that their offices are clean and well maintained. Health, orderliness and hygiene are always in the top most checklists of offices because these will ensure customers and staff satisfaction.
Starting up a business as London office cleaners will require you to make sure that you identify the need of the establishments that you would like to cater and make a way to fill it.
Here are some tips on how to have a successful London office cleaners business.
1. Determine the service that you will offer. You can start by offering basic office cleaning service such as mopping, vacuum cleaning, sweeping and cleaning bathrooms. You can also ask your clients if they want extra service like emptying the trash bins and carpet cleaning.
2. Create a business plan where you will put the services that you will offer and the list of ways on how you will get customers. In your business plan should also include your start up cost and expenses. It may take some time before your business will profit, so make sure that you include in your plan the ways to make your business afloat.
Your business plan should also include your future plans for your venture like your expansion plan and future goals.
3. In order for your business to operate you need to secure your business permit and license. Contact the nearest business licensing office in your place to learn about the requirements.
4. Insurance is also important in a London office cleaners business. You should get a liability insurance to cover loss and damage that may occur when you’re operating your business.
5. List down and buy all the equipment and material that you will need. Find a good supplier for cleaning materials that will give you discounts or one that will give you prices that is lower than mall prices. However, you still have to check the quality of the equipment that you will buy.
6. Set the prices of the cleaning services that you will provide. You can give each client different estimate depending on the size of the office that they have.
7. Advertise your business. There are different ways on how you can promote your business. You can visit the offices and informed managers about the services that you offer. You can also use social media for people to know what you can offer. Creating a website where people can visit can also attract customers.
8. Hire employees as you need it. If you are still new, you hire one or two people that will assist you. However, as your business grows you might need to hire more people to cater to your growing business.
This kind of business will need a modest startup capital and gradually work your way to the top.